Update Galaxy S Advance to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmware with CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM [How To]
The very popular Smartphone from Samsung, Galaxy S Advance will now be running on an Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. This phone looks quite lucky that after getting an official Android 4.1.2 update, this new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean has already knocks off. Since, it’s not an official update from Android you can install this OS by installing a custom ROM.
The good news is CyanogenMod is already up with this Android 4.2 JellyBean update for this Galaxy S Advance. And by using this Custom ROM your Galaxy S Advance will have a latest Android OS. You would be allowed to use all the features and functions of the latest Android OS after updating your Galaxy device to this new OS by using a CM 10.1 Custom firmware. Here’s how you can download and install Android 4.2 JellyBean OS to your Galaxy smartphone.
- The given tutorial is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy S Advance smartphone. By applying it to other Samsung devices might gives you some undone results. So, better not to try this update on any other Android or Samsung devices.
- You need to have a good backup of your smartphone
- Your device battery should be charged up to 80%
- You should have a proper data cable with you to attach the device to your PC
How to update Galaxy S Advance to Android 4.2 JellyBean?
Step 1 :
- Download the latest version of CyanogenMod i.e. CyanogenMod 10.1. You can download it by following the below link.
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 :
Step 2 :
- You need to download Google Apps for your Samsung Galaxy S Advance smartphone. You can download Gapps by following the below link.
- Download Gapps for Galaxy S Advance : (For other devices follow this link)
Step 3 :
- After complete the downloading, you need to connect your device to your PC by using a data cable. Put it on a mass storage mode and copy the above two downloaded packages to your Phone’s SD card i.e. External memory of your phone.
- Note: Do not extract them.
Step 4 :
- Switch off the device and send it to recovery mode.
- Press and hold : volume up + power button + home buttons together until a recovery window opens.
Step 5 :
- After seeing a movement on your device’s screen release the Power button only. Do not release any other buttons, just a Power button.
Step 6 :
- Select Backup and Restore option from the appeared menu, so that you can re install your current OS easily.
Step 7 :
- Now select the wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partitions options one by one. With this your device will be flashed well.
Step 8 :
- Now, select the downloaded files (From step 1 and step 2) by choosing an SD card option on your device.
Step 9 :
- You need to first select the CyanogenMod 10.1.Zip file from your SD card.
Step 10 :
- Do confirm it by selecting OK and go to the next option.
Step 11 :
- It takes a few minutes to install this new custom ROM on your device.
Step 12 :
- After it get completed the recovery menu will be there again.
- Now, you need to choose the downloaded Gapps from your SD card and do the same process once again.
Step 14 :
- After installing Gappas well, Select the +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Step 15 :
- You’re done with your new updated Samsung Galaxy S Advance running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS.
This was the simple way to update your Samsung Galaxy S Advance smartphone to the very latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Don’t forget to share your thoughts and opinions on such updates. We’d like to communicate with you. Drop your comments below the post and let’s interact.