There’s an updated method to root Samsung Galaxy S3 which is again formulated by Chainfree. The previous guide was almost cool but it wasn’t that much simple-straight as with previous method user had to install kernel separately, setup the ADB and then lastly he had to install Clockwork mod recovery separately again.
But the new CF-root 6.0 which is now updated to CF-6.4 is an extremely simple all-in-one package to root Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300. All you have to do is flash one single package with ODIN and it will automatically install Super SU (Root access manager), Clock Work Mod (CWM) Recovery and CWM Manager into your phone.
Like Galaxy S, S2 and Note, now it’s much easier to root Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 too. With rooting, you can get root control over your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 which will help you to perform advance tasks like overclocking the processor, install custom ROMs, etc. Summing up, CF-Root 6.4 for Galaxy S3 is an all in one solution for Samsung Galaxy S3 which includes CWM 5.5, SuperSU and CWM Manager App.
So let’s quickly jump into follow up guide where we have summed up the all the steps required to root Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 with latest CF-6.4.
Disclaimer: You are hereby, warned that the process discussed below consists of lots of risk and you should avoid attempting it unless you know completely about it. If any damage occurs to your device as a result of not following the instructions given, we can’t be held responsible for that. Still if you face any issues in the process, we will try our best to help you with that.
Compatibility The below given guide is only for Galaxy S3, model number i9300 and is not applicable for other devices or other variants.
How to Install CF-Root 6.4 on Galaxy S3
- It’s essential to have all the required necessary drivers installed on your computer. If you have Samsung KIES, all the drivers are installed. But, if you do not have it, download all the drivers & install them before moving to next step.
- You can also download and install the drivers directly – 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows.
- After that download the latest build of CF-Root 6.4— Download CF-Root 6.4 for Galaxy S3
- Extract the download CF-Root firmware ZIP file to your PC desktop. After you extract it, you will obtain a folder named as CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar. Note that getting .tar extension in the obtained file is essential. In any case, if you get files named as recovery.img and cache.img, that means that you had mistakenly or knowingly extracted the ZIP file twice, which means that the .tar file also got extracted. It’s strongly advised to use 7-zip free software which will help you to obtain .tar file easily.
- Download the latest version of Odin which is Odin3 v3.04 – HERE. If you’re unaware about what Odin is, then Odin is an utility program which helps us to flash firmware, kernels, etc. on Samsung phones. In this case, we’ll be using this Odin to flash the .tar file of CF-Root package we obtained in the previous step.
- Now, extract Odin 1.85.zip on your computer. You may see various files after extracting the contents of Odin but you should not delete any file or folder. There will be file Odin3 v1.85.exe , which is the only file we require or need.
- Shut down your phone – Galaxy S3, i9300.
- Restart the Galaxy S3 in Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power keys together for this. After warning screen, press Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
- Open Odin3 v3.04.exe file which can be done easily – Just double click on the Odin3 v1.85.exe file.
- Firstly, connect your phone to your PC which will give you “Added!!” message in the message box of Odin window. The message will be displayed at the bottom left.[Note: - Not getting this message will mean that you do not have the drivers installed correctly. Check it using KIES or directly as given in step 1&2. If the problem is still intact, try changing the USB port. Try the back ports if you have desktop.]
- In the Odin window, click PDA -> Browse -> select CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar file obtained in step 4 above.
- [Important: - Do not disturb the other settings in Odin except selecting files given in step 11. Leave rest of the settings as they are. But, do check that Re-Partition check box is not selected.]
- Now, you can click on the start button to start flashing the CF-Root and root your Galaxy S3 within a single click. After successful completion, you will get PASS message with green background at the top left corner of Odin. After the auto reboot of your phone, disconnect it when you see the Samsung Logo on the screen.
- [If Odin hangs up & does not response or seem to do anything or if you get the FAIL message with the red background in Odin, just disconnect the phone from PC & exit the Odin. Take out the battery & re-insert it after few seconds. Switch on the phone in Download Mode & start the procedure from the Step 7, again.]
- That’s all! You have successfully rooted your phone, and also installed CWM recovery. Next, whenever your phone reboots, do check the CWM Manager App and SuperSU app on your device.
- If you have any other problem while flashing CF-Root for Galaxy S3, do not hesitate to inform us. We’ll help you out.
Congrats! You’re done and now your Galaxy S3 is rooted and also your S3 is having installed CWM Recovery.Now you can enjoy cool stuffs like you can now use apps that require root access, and using CWM recovery, you can flash themes, kernels, ROMs, etc.
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews