Much awaited tech update is finally here with Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on the latest Jellybean 4.2.1 in Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. This new ROM is more like a treat for all the Galaxy Mini users. Nowadays, there are many tech updates hit the techno market and this is the reason why developers working for some extra hours to build something innovative for these devices. This new ROM update of CyanogenMod 10.1 Android Jelly Bean works good in Galaxy Mini. Here you are going to see a simple way to update your Galaxy Mini device to the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. If you are a proud user of this Mini, you got to check this update out now!
- This update is only available for Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. Other devices can’t load this update. Using this update on to any other device might give you undesired results. So better not to use this update for any other Galaxy devices.
Pre requirements :
- Make sure there are proper drivers installed in your PC.
- Ensure your mobile’s battery is charged up to 80%
- You need to have a proper data cable to attach this device on your PC
- Take a back up of your current ROM of your device
How to install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Mini S5570? :
Step 1 :
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Galaxy Mini. You can easily download its package from the below link.
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 :
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps package of this Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Link is given below.
- Download Google Apps for Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean :
Step 3 :
- Connect your Galaxy Mini device to your PC though data cable.
Step 4 :
- Copy both the downloaded files into your device’s external memory.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect your device from PC now.
Step 6 :
- Switch off your device now and send it to a CWM recovery mode.
- Press and hold volume up + power button + home button CWM recoevry mode will automatically be there.
Step 7 :
- After that you can easily see a recovery mode menu on your device.
Step 8 :
- To take backup of your current ROM you need to tap on to backup & restore option. Then simply press on to Backup button. This process will save your original ROM into your device’s external memory.
Step 9 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data and catches from your device.
Step 10 :
- After that select install zip from sdcard then Choose Zip from SD card.
Step 11 :
- Navigate to the Cyanogenmod .zip file then press on to next button to proceed further.
Step 12 :
- This installation will take some times, you need to be patient for a while.
Step 13 :
- After completing the installation you will see Recovery Menu again on your Galaxy Mini device’s screen.
Step 14 :
- Now for installing the Google apps do repeat the same above process. Select the Google Apps package from your SD card and it goes.
Step 15 :
- After it get done, simply press on to Go Back Button and then Reboot System Now.
Step 16 :
- You’re done! You’re Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 would be running on a new Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean though CyanogenMod 10.1. Do let us know what’s there with your Galaxy Mini as a comment below this post.
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews