Samsung’s very first Tablet range device Samsung Galaxy Tab GT -P1000 gets a new and a latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware update. By now you can upgrade this Tab to the latest version of Android. Of course, this new firmware update brings numerous and latest features to your device. If you already are impressed with Android’s 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, here we’ll be guiding you to install CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware on your Galaxy Tab GT-P1000.
This CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware is only available for Samsung Galaxy GT-P1000 Tablet. You are requested not to apply this update on any of the other smartphones or Tablets which run on Android OS. It may get you some undone results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes from this update. Try at your own risk.
- Have a backup of your device’s data like texts, contacts, documents and all the other important ones
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have installed in it
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. If not follow the below path
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Have a proper data cable to connect this device to the PC
- Ensure that your device is charged up to 75%
Update Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 with CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware :
Step 1 :
- Initially you have to download this CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware for your Tab. You can download this firmware directly from the below link.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM :
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install them on your newly upgraded Tablet. You can download this apps package from the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your Tablet using a proper data cable to the PC to start the installation process. Make sure it is connected with USB Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded custom ROM and Google apps files to your device’s memory.
Step 5 :
- After copying the above files, disconnect the device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Now you have to turn on the device into recovery mode. You can start recovery mode of your device by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all buttons.
Step 7 :
- You can navigate to any options on the recovery menu by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any option just by pressing a home button at once.
Step 8 :
- From the recovery menu select wipe data/factory reset confirm this process.
Step 9 :
- Now, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the CM 10.1 ROM ZIP files and confirm the installation process.
Step 10 :
- After completing this installation, select Google apps and do repeat the above process once again. It will install all the useful Google apps to your device back.
Step 11 :
- When both the installation successfully done, select +++Go Back+++ option from the current menu and then select Reboot System Now option.
Step 12 :
- Your Tablet will go reboot itself to complete the installation process. This time it takes several minutes to start.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab GT P1000. You can check this update manually from your device. Follow the below path to check this firmware.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware