CyanogenMod 10.1 for Sony Xperia Arc LT15i & Arc S LT18i – Install the Android 4.2 Custom Jelly Bean ROM [How To]
Sony Xperia Arc users get ready to load Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS on your device. Cyanogen Mod developers have finally made an announcement with CyanogenMod 10.1 that Sony Xperia Arc can now be upgraded with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating system with a custom ROM firmware. I know, you people are very excited to load this OS on your device for that we have analysed it well and made this tutorial. Here’s how you can upgrade your Sony Xpeira Arc devices to Android 4.2 Jelly bean.
- This tutorial is only available for Sony Xperia Arc series. If you are applying this tutorial on any other android device it can harm your device. Better for you not to try this to your other Android devices.
- Have a good back up of your device.
- You need to have a proper data cable to attach your device to the PC
- Your device’s battery should be charged up to 80%
- Your Xperia device must be a rooted one
- Ensure that your device USB debugging is enabled
- Settings -> Application -> Development ->USB Debugging
Procedure to Update Sony Xperia Arc/Arc S with Cyanogenmod 10 Custom ROM:
Step 1 :
- First of all you have to download Android 4.2.1 CM 10.1 firmware ROM package. Follow the below link.
- Download Android 4.2.1 CM 10.1 :
Step 2 :
- After that, you need to download Gapps for your appropriate device. Follow the below link.
- Download Gapps for Xperia Arc :
Step 3 :
- After downloading the above two packages connect your device to the PC using a proper data cable.
Step 4 :
- Copy and paste both the packages in to your device’s SD card.
- Note: Do not extract them. You will be needed ZIP files for completing the process.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect your device from PC now.
Step 6 :
- Turn of your device now.
Step 7 :
- Press Volume down button and power button together to send the device into a recovery mode.
Step 8 :
- After that, you need to wipe down the data of your device. For that you have to select “wipe data factory reset” & “wipe cache partition” options by pressing the power button.
Step 9 :
- Now select the “install zip from the SD card“ option then select the downloaded files from your SD card.
Step 10 :
- Your device will now itself install Android firmware. It takes several minutes to install the firmware.
Step 11 :
- After completing the installation, select the second files of Gapps and repeat the process again.
Step 12 :
- Now, after it get completed select the ++++Go Back++++ option and then Reboot the system now option.
Step 13 :
- Your device will go reboot now. It takes quite longer time to start again.
Step 14 :
- Congratulations, your device is now running on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Operating system.
- Go to: Settings> About Phone> Firmware option