CyanogenMod 10.1 RC1 for Samsung Captivate I897 – Update to CM10.1 Stable Android 4.2.2 Custom Jelly Bean ROM Firmware
Samsung Captivate gets a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware update by CyanogenMod developers. CyanogenMod 10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware is now available to load and to upgrade this device to this latest Android OS. Here we would be guiding you how to install CM 10.1 RC1 Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Captivate smartphone. Take a look!
- This update is only available for Samsung Captivate I897 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this update on any of the other smartphones or Tablets which run on Android OS. It may get you some undone results. Try to update it on your own we are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes from this update.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have installed in it.
- Have a backup of your device’s data like texts, contacts, documents and all the other useful and important ones.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. If not you can follow this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Ensure that your device is charged up to 80%.
- Have a proper data cable to connect this device to the PC to run the installation process.
Update Samsung Captivate with CM 10.1 RC1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware :
Step 1 :
- Initially you have to download CM 10.1 RC1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware. If you don’t know from where to download this, you can get it from the below link right away.
- Download CM 10.1 RC1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware :
Step 2 :
- Then after, download Google apps to re install them on new OS of your device. You can get it from the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Connect your device to the PC by using a data cable. Make sure it is connected in USB Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- After connecting the device copy the downloaded files on your device’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot the device into recovery mode. You can start recovery mode of your device by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all buttons and get a recovery menu on your device’s display.
Step 7 :
- Now, in the recovery menu navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any option by pressing a power button.
Step 8 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset confirm this process from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- After this, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the CM 10.1 RC1 ROM ZIP files and confirm the installation by tapping on to the next button.
Step 10 :
- After installing this ROM, choose Google apps package and repeat the same process again.
Step 11 :
- Now, from the recovery menu, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Your device will go reboot itself. It takes several minutes to complete the installation process.
Step 13 :
- Samsung Captivate I897 is now running on the latest Androd 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS by CM 10.1 RC1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware. You can check this update manually from your device. Follow the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware