How to Downgrade from Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to Android 4.0 ICS on Any Samsung Smartphone / Tablet ?
People are always eager to upgrade their smart devices to new software updates. They thought, after upgrading their devices they might have gain many more features to use within their smartphones. But sometimes, the expected hopes are rest undone and people are missing all those features which were provided by the previous OS. For that, many of the users with such software updates want to downgrade their devices in to the previous versions. Here, you are going to see how to downgrade your Jelly Bean 4.1 device to Ice cream Sandwich 4.0 OS. This tutorial works great on all the Samsung Galaxy devices. Take a look!
This tutorial is only available for Samsung Galaxy devices including Samsung Galaxy S series and Samsung Galaxy Note series. You are allowed to downgrade your mentioned devices with this tutorial by following the below simple steps. Thing which you all should keep in your mind before applying this update into your device is, this is not a legal or genuine update. You might be facing any other bug problem with this downgrade process. Do apply this at your own risk. We are not responsible for any data lose or any problem in your devices.
Requirements and Downloads :
- First of all you need to download a downgrade firmware for your Samsung Galaxy devices. You can easily download this package from the below link easily.
- Download Samsung Downgrade updates : (You just need to type your device name in the search box and after seeing your device model simply click on it and get your package downloaded. )
- After downloading the mentioned package you need extract it on your Computer.
- Now, you need to install Samsung USB drivers on your Computer. If you have yet not installed them, you can install it by following the below link.
- Now, one more software is essential to done this process and that is Odin software. There two versions available. You can download them from the below link.
- Download the latest version of Odin from this link – Download Odin 3.07.
- After downloading all the essential things, you just need to back up your current ROM data on your device’s external memory.
- Make sure your device battery is fully charged.
- You need to have a proper data cable to attach your device with your PC.
- Turn on USB debugging option from your device.
- Go to : Settings > Developer Options > Navigate to Debugging option > Make it enable
How to Downgrade from Android Jelly Bean to Android ICS ?
Step 1 :
- Turn of your Samsung Galaxy Device and send it to recovery mode. If you do not know how to do so you can follow this.
- Press and hold the Volume Down+Home buttons together
- Now Long Press the Power Button till you have something on your device screen.
Step 2 :
- After completing this, you need to go to the Odin folder which you have downloaded on your PC. Run .exe files on your PC.
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your device to your PC with a proper data cable of your galaxy device.
Step 4 :
When the connection is successful the Port in the Odin software light turned green.
Step 5 :
- Make sure the option Auto Reboot is enabled on your Odin software.
Step 6 :
- After that click on to PDA Button and and select the firmware file in tar.md5 format from your Odin software.
Step 7 :
- Click on Start button now. It takes a few minutes to install it well.
Step 8 :
- You will be seeing a PASS message on your screen, after that remove your data cable from your PC.
Step 9 :
- Now reboot your phone once again. Send your smartphone into a recovery mode by following the same process.
- Press and hold the Volume Up+Home buttons together and then hold the Power button till the screen blinks and then you will be seeing a Samsung Logo. After that release a Power button (Do not release the other buttons) you will have a dark screen with blue code texts on your device.
Step 10 :
- This screen will show you a number of different option. You need to choose the relavant option to do so. You can navigate the options by pressing your Volume up and Down keys.
Step 11 :
- Select Wipe data/ Factory Reset option from your device by navigating though Volume down key.
Step 12 :
- After selecting the above option do confirm it by pressing YES option.
Step 13 :
- After completing the process go to Reboot Now option and you’re done!
This process will take several minutes. After it get completed you will have your preinsatlled software firmware with all the features. Do let us know if you have found any other problem with your device.