Samsung Galaxy S Duos phone is there to cover up your many things with its numerous useful features. Fortunately, there’s a Dual SIM card option with this phone and it holds up many official and some routine work along with it. Well, one more good thing about this phone is you can install many things within it. A new custom ROM and many other options are here in this smartphone. Here, you are going to see how you can root this phone and how to install ClockWorkMod recovery in this phone. This tutorial would help you to do so. Take a look!
- Rooting of any Android device voids warranty period of that particular device. You are requested not to apply this tutorial if you are scared of losing its warranty. You can get back your warranty period by unrooting your device. Choice is yours!
- You need to take a good back of your device like SD card, Apps, Texts and all the other important data
- Make sure your device’s USB debugging option is enabled. If not
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> Applications>> Developer>> USB Debugging
- You need to have a proper data cable of your device
- Your device’s battery should be charged up to 70%
- Disable all the security apps and programs running on your Android device
- Download an essential tool of rooting procedure.
2.Download Samsung KIES and Rooting Kit for your device.
How to Root and install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 :
Step 1 :
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S Duos device.
Step 2 :
- Turn it on in download mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Down+Power+Home buttons together. When there appears a logo of Samsung press the Volume up button to enter in the Download Mode.
Step 3 :
- Now, run Odin tool on your PC.
Step 4 :
- Connect your device through a proper data cable to your PC.
Step 5 :
- When it’s get connected successfully there appears a Yellow light on your Odin screen.
Step 6 :
- Make sure Auto Reboot and Auto reset options are enabled on your Odin tool.
Step 7 :
- Now, click on PDA and select the recovery.tar from your downloaded files.
Step 8 :
- Now, after checking all the process click on Next button to run the process.
Step 9 :
- Your rooting process will begin soon. You need to just wait to get it rooted.
Step 10 :
- It takes a few minutes to root your device once it get done you will have a PASS message on your Odin tool.
Step 11 :
- The phone will reboot automatically. After that remove its battery once and get it load again. Your device is now a rooted one.
Step 12 :
- Now, to reboot your phone in CWM recovery press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 13 :
- Now, there comes a recovery menu on your screen.
Step 14 :
- From the recovery menu select the option Install zip from sdcard and then choose a zip from scared and then select your downloaded files named as CWM Recovery which you’ve placed before the process occurs.
Step 15 :
- After selecting all press Next button. It takes a 4 to 5 minutes to complete the installation.
Step 16 :
- After completing all back to the main menu and select the +++Go Back+++ option and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 17 :
- Your phone will reboot itself and now you have successfully installed a CWM Recovery on your device.
This was the simple step by step guide to Root and to install a ClockWorkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos smartphone.
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews