Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update with CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom JB ROM [Installation Guide]
Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 smartphone gets a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Yes, you can now update your Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 phone to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Operating system by installing a custom software. To install this firmware on your device, your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it. If you are ready to upgrade your device, here we have enlisted all the steps from which you can upgrade your Huawei Ideos X5.
- This update is only applicable on Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 smartphone. You are requested not to try this update on any other Android device. It may get you some undone results with many data lose issues. Try to upgrade your device at your own risk. We are not responsible for any undone outcomes from your device.
- Ensure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Make sure your device is charged up to 80%
- Your smartphone must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it.
- To do so follow this link:
- Have a good backup of your device
- You need to have a proper data cable to connect your device to the PC
Upgrade Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM :
Step 1 :
- The first thing is downloads, you have to download the custom ROM of Android 4.2.2 for your device. You can follow the below link to download the ROM :
- Download the ROM v2.0 :
- Download the ROM v1.0:
Step 2 :
- Download the Google Apps to re install them on your device. You can follow the below link to download them.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- After complete downloading the files, copy and install all the downloaded files on your device’s external memory.
Step 4 :
- Now, disconnect the device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 5 :
- Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together.
Step 6 :
- You are now on your recovery mode, with a recovery menu.
Step 7 :
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to flash off the data of your Phone.
Step 8 :
- Then after, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from SDcard. Now, you have to choose a proper file of ROM which we have copied earlier.
Step 9 :
- After that, select Google Apps ZIP file from your device.
Step 10 :
- When the installation get done successfully, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 11 :
- The phone will reboot itself and this time it takes a few more minutes to start to complete the installation.
Step 12 :
- Your Huawei Ideos X5 smartphone is now running on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. You can check it by
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews