Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy R I9103 with CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom JB ROM [How To]
Samsung’s one of the most popular smartphones, Samsung Galaxy R gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. CyanogenMod 10.1 unleashed this new custom firmware update for this Galaxy R phone and if you are a proud user of this device, you are now able to upgrade this phone to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. By following the below tutorial you can update your Samsung Galaxy R to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- This tutorial is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy R I9103 model. You are requested not to try this update on any of your other Android smartphones. You might get many undone results with some data loses issues. Try this update at your own risk.
- Your Galaxy R must be a rooted one with CWM Recovery installed
- Use a proper data cable to connect your device to the PC
- Have a good backup of your device’s data
- Make sure your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device’s battery should be charged up to 80%
How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy R I9103 with CyanogenMod 10.1 :
Step 1 :
- Initially you have to download this CyanogenMod 10.1 custom Firmware for your device. You can follow the below link to download this firmware on your PC.
- Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for your Galaxy R :
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install all the Google apps on your device. You can download them by following the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy R smartphone to the PC using a proper data cable. You are requested to use the original data cable to get the best process.
Step 4 :
- Make sure your device is connected on Mass Storage option.
Step 5 :
- Copy all the above downloaded files to your Smartphone’s external storage i.e. Memory card.
Step 6 :
- Now, disconnect the device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 7 :
- Now, boot your device into recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together once there appears something on your device release all the buttons one by one.
Step 8 :
- You will have a recovery menu on your device now. You can navigate to any options by using Volume Up and Volume down keys and can select any option by pressing Power button.
Step 9 :
- From the recovery menu wipe data/factory reset and then confirm it by YES button.
Step 10 :
- After completing the above process select wipe cache partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache options. These processes wipe all the data of the previous ROM from your device.
Step 11 :
- Come back to the main recovery menu and install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard.
Step 12 :
- Now, browse the firmware files which we have copied earlier on your device’s memory card and confirm the installation.
Step 13 :
- After it get done successfully choose the Google Apps Zip files and repeat the above step once again.
Step 14 :
- Then after, select the +++GO Back+++ option and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 15 :
- You phone will itself go reboot. This time it takes a few more minutes to start the device.
Step 16 :
- Your Samsung Galaxy R device is now running on Android 4.2.2 jelly Bean Operating system.
- Go to : Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
By now, you are allowed to use all the features and functions of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS from your device. You can use your Galaxy R to its optimum level.
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews