Amazon’s most stunning gadget Kindle Fire Tablet is on high demand as of the current techno era. Most of the people who love to read want to keep this device with them. It allows you to load more and more documents and books and many things within it. And one good is news is, now you can upgrade the current OS of this gadget to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM. If you have owned this gadget and want to upgrade its current OS, this tutorial will surely be helpful.
Installing a new custom firmware in Amazon’s this tech device is just same as smartphones. You just need to follow the same steps as if you are installing the firmware on your smartphone. Fortunately this update works great on Amazon’s this device. Here’s the whole process to install this update on your Kindle Fire Tablet :
- This update is only applicable to Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet. You are requested not to try this update on any of your Android devices. It may get you some undone results, you may lose some data and there comes many issues regarding this update. Try to update on your other Android device at your own risk.
- Your Kindle Fire Tablet must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- You need to have a good back up of your device
- Use a proper data cable to connect the device to the PC
- Make sure your device battery is charged enough
Install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet :
Step 1 :
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for your Kindle Fire. For that you can follow the below link.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2051331
Step 2 :
- Download the Google apps to re install them in your device after flashing a new ROM.
- Download Google Apps :
- Put your device in recovery mode and make it able to use its recovery menu.
Step 4 :
- In recovery menu there comes many options. You can choose anyone of them by tapping on to the screen.
Step 5 :
- First thing is you need to clear up all the data from your device.
Step 6 :
- Select Wipe Catch option from the recovery menu and confirm it.
Step 7 :
- Now, select dalvik catche and then factory and system one by one.
- It takes some time to complete the process.
Step 9 :
- Then after select an option install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard.
Step 10 :
- Choose the above files of a custom firmware (We need to copy those files on your device’s external memory). After selecting a proper files confirm it by selecting Yes.
Step 11 :
- Then after select Google Apps and repeat the same process.
Step 12 :
- Now, you need to reboot your device by tapping on to the appropriate option.
Step 13 :
- Your Kindle Fire will go reboot itself. It takes some time to start the device again. You need to be patient for a while.
Your device is now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. You can use all the features and functions of this device.