Update Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 to Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware- Install CM 10.1 M2 Stable custom firmware
Samsung Galaxy S Plus gets a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stable firmware update. You can manually install this update on Galaxy S Plus smartphone. By installing CM 10.1 M2 custom firmware your Galaxy S Plus smartphone can be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If you don’t know how to install this firmware, we’ll be guiding you how to install this on your device. This step by step detailed installation guide will teach you how you can manually update your device. Take a look!
- CM 10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware update which is mentioned here is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this update on any of the other smartphones or Tablets which run on Android OS. It may get you some undone results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes from this update. Try at your own risk.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. If not you can follow this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Have a backup of your device’s data like texts, contacts, documents and all the other important ones.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have installed in it.
- Ensure that your device is charged up to 80%.
- Have a proper data cable to connect this device to the PC to run the installation process.
Update Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 to Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware by CM 10.1 M2:
Step 1 :
- First thing you need to do is downloading the firmware. If you don’t know from where to download this firmware, you can get it downloaded from the below link.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware :
Step 2 :
- Download Google apps to re install them on new OS of your device. You can download this Google apps package from here.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Connect your device to the PC by using a data cable. Make sure it is connected in USB Mass Storage option. This is essential to transfer files on your device.
Step 4 :
- After this, copy downloaded files on your device’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Now, you need to open recovery menu of your device. Boot the device into recovery mode. You can start recovery mode of your device by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any option by pressing a power button.
Step 8 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset confirm this process from the recovery menu.
Step 9 :
- After this, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the CM 10.1 M2 ROM ZIP files and confirm the installation process by pressing next button.
Step 10 :
- After installing this ROM, choose Google apps package and do repeat the above step once again to install Google apps on your device.
Step 11 :
- Now, from the recovery menu, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Galaxy S will go reboot itself. This time it will take 4 to 5 minutes to start. To complete the installation this much time is required.
Step 13 :
- You’ve successfully installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stable OS on your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT smartphone. You can check this update manually from your device by following the below path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware