Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on HTC Sensation XL with Vanilla RootBox Custom JB ROM [How To]
HTC’s most stunning smartphone HTC Sensation XL gets a latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware update via Vanilla RootBox. If you are using HTC Sensation XL then by now you are allowed to upgrade your device to this Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Here in this article you are going to see how to upgrade your HTC sensation to this Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean’s firmware using Vanilla RootBox. We have made an easy way to get you an updated device right away.
- This tutorial is only available for HTC Sensation XL. Do not try to update any of your Android device. You might get many undone results if you do so. You are requested not to try this update on any other device. Try at your own risk.
- Take a good backup of your device
- Use a proper data cable to connect your device to the PC
- Make sure your device is enabled with USB Debugging option. If not
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Ensure your device’s battery is charged up to 70%
- Your device must be a rooted one and installed CWM Recovery in it
Update HTC Sensation XL to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware using Vanilla Rootbox :
Step 1 :
- The very first thing you should do is downloading. you have to download the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom firmware for your device. You can download it from the below link.
- Download the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom firmware
Step 2 :
- Download Google apps to re install on your device. You can follow the below link to download the Gapps for your device.
- Download Google apps:
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your phone using a proper data cable to your PC. Make sure your device is connected in USB Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy all the above downloaded files to your phone’s external memory.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect your device from PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Now, turn your phone into bootloader mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
Step 7 :
- You can navigate to option by using Volume up and Volume down keys and Power button to select a proper option.
Step 8 :
- Now, you will have a recovery menu on your device.
Step 9 :
- The first thing you need to do is to wipe your current OS data. Select the wipe data/factory reset and then press YES.
Step 10 :
- Now, come back to the main menu and select the wipe cache partition option to wipe the cache memory of your device.
Step 11 :
- Come back again, select the Advanced option and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache option.
Step 12 :
- Then after select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard.
Step 13 :
- New browse window will be there on your screen now. You need to select the firmware’s Zip files which we have copied on your device’s external memory earlier.
Step 14 :
- After selecting it confirm the installation by pressing YES
Step 15 :
- Once it get done successfully, go back and select the Google apps files to load Google apps on your device. For that do repeat the above step.
Step 16 :
- After completing the all process select +++Go Back+++ option and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 17 :
- Your device will go itself reboot. It takes a few minutes to restart the device.
Step 18 :
- Your HTC Sensation is now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. You are now allowed to use this new update and its uncountable features. You can check this update by Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews