HTC’s very talented and high demand affordable smartphone, HTC Explorer gets a new OS update. HTC Explorer now can be upgraded to the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. CyanogenMod team has been working hard to bring this update on Explorer and it’s finally here. Many of you might have been waiting for this update to come and now you all are allowed to load this new OS firmware on your HTC Explorer. Here’s how you can upgrade your HTC Explorer to Android 4.2.2 Android OS with CyanogenMod 10.1. Take a look!
This update is only available for HTC’s Explorer smartphone. You can’t be upgrade any other Android device with this tutorial. You might have lost your data if you’d try this update. We are not responsible for any undone work on your device, try this update at your own risk.
- Your PC must have installed a proper USB drivers for HTC device. If not, follow the below link.
- Download HTC USB drivers :
- Your device should be charged up to 80%
- You need to have a proper data cable to connect your device to PC
- Have a good backup of your data before applying any update on it
- Your device must be a rooted one and have installed CWM recovery in it to load the custom firmware
How to update HTC Explorer to Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware:
Step 1 :
- First thing is to download CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. You can download it by following the below link.
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 Android Jelly Bean:
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to install on your new OS.
- Download Gapps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your HTC Explorer by using a proper data cable to your PC.
Step 4 :
- Copy both the downloaded files on your device’s SD card.
- Note: Do not extract any files. Keep them in ZIP files only.
Step 5 :
- Now Switch off your device.
Step 6 :
- Now, turn on your device into bootloader mode. You can do so by pressing Volume down and Power button together.
Step 7 :
- Now, you need to navigate to the option android-sdk-windowsplatform-toolsdirectory on your desktop and start a prompt window
Step 8 :
- fastboot flash boot boot.img put this command and press enter
Step 9 :
- Now, navigate to other option saying Bootloader
Step 10 :
- After rebooting in ClockWorkMode Recovery you need to select wipe data / factory reset. You can do so by using a Power button.
Step 11 :
- Selecy wipe dalvik cache and wipe cache partition one by one.
Step 12 :
- Now, select install zip from SD card from the recovery menu.
Step 13 :
- There comes and option choose zip from sdcard select this option.
Step 14 :
- After that select the above downloaded files by navigating to that option and press next.
Step 15 :
- The installation process will go on by itself.
Step 16 :
- After that, select the another Gapps files and repeat the same installation process.
Step 17 :
- When all done perfectly, Select +++Go Back++++ and then Reboot System now option.
Step 18 :
- Your device will go restart again. It will takes a few minutes to install and recover the thing till then keep some patinece.
Step 19 :
- Congratulation! Your HTC Explorer smartphone runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS now. You can check it by
Go to :Settings> About Phone> Software Firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews