Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is currently running on Android 2.3.6 Ginger Bread version gets an Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update. CyanogenMod 10.1 brings a new custom firmware for Galaxy Ace to upgrade it to the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. Here’s how you can easily upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Ace device to this Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. Follow all mentioned steps one by one and get a new OS on your device right away.
- This update is only available for Samsung Galaxy Ace device. Do not apply this update to any other Android devices. It may gives you some undone results.
- Your Samsung device must be a rooted one with CWM recovery installed
- Your device’s battery should be charged up to 80%
- You need to have a proper data cable of your device
- have a good backup of your device
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean? :
Step 1 :
- Download the custom ROM of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean from the below link.
- Download Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM :
Step 2 :
- Connect your Phone by using a proper data cable to your computer.
Step 3 :
- Copy the downloaded files on your device’s SD card.
Step 4 :
- Boot your device in recovery mode.
- Press and hold home+Power buttons together.
Step 5 :
- Once you have a recovery menu on your screen you can navigate the options by using Volume up and volume down key and can select the option with Home or Power button.
Step 6 :
- Go to install from SD card option and select the downloaded file.
Step 7 :
- Press Next button and your installation will start by now.
Step 8 :
- Once it get completed select wipe cache, wipe data and dalvik cache options one by one.
Step 9 :
- Once all get done completely select ++++Go Back++++ option and then reboot system now option.
Step 10 :
- Your device go reboot again. It takes a few minutes to restart it.
Step 11 :
- Your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is now running on the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
- Go to: Settings> About Phone and check the current OS of your device.