Samsung Galaxy S2’s AT&T variant gets a new official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. UCMD8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware is now available to be installed on Galaxy S2 smartphone. This update is a very recent one for Samsung’s this stunning smartphone. Here we’ll be guiding you how you can install this official UCMD8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2’s AT&T variant. Following step by step installation guide will help you to update your device manually, have a look!
This official UCMD8 Firmware is only available for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this update on any other Android smartphones or Tablets. It may get you many undone results with some bug problems. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes by applying this update on your device.
- Your Galaxy S2 must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have installed in it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your phone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Have a backup of your device’s data like texts, contacts, documents and all the other.
- Have a proper data cable to connect this device to the PC.
- Your device should be charged up to 80% to load the whole process.
Update Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 with Official UCMD8 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware :
Step 1 :
- Download Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. You can download this firmware directly from the below link.
- Download official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware:
Step 2 :
- Download Odin Tool to install this update on your device. If you don’t know from where to download this tool, you can simply download it from the below link.
- Download Odin Tool :
Step 3 :
- Turn of your Galaxy S2 and reboot it in recovery mode.
- You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+home buttons together. When you see something on your device’s display, press power button.
Step 4 :
- Now, launch Odin tool which we have downloaded from the second step.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 to the PC by using a proper data cable.
Step 6 :
- Once the device get successfully connected to the PC, Odin box will turn Yellow. You are allowed to install this official firmware on your device.
Step 7 :
- From the Odin tool, select PDA and browse the Android 4.1.2 official firmware file.
Step 8 :
- Click on to Start button to run the installation process.
Step 9 :
- Once it get successfully done, you will have a PASS message from Odin tool.
Step 10 :
- You’ve successfully installed an Official UCMD8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2’s AT&T variant. If you want to check this update manually from your smartphone, follow the below path from your device.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware
This is what you need to know to install an official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. If you are facing any problem while applying this firmware, feel free to comment over here. We’ll try our best to resolve your problems. We’ll be back with some more updates for other Android smartphone, till then stay tuned with us.
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews