Android platform is quite popular amongst all the other just because of its customizable platform. You can root your android device, can install recovery image, can install a custom ROM and many other options are there with this platform. If you have tried to install CWM recovery on your Android device and your installation aborted with an error, by following this tutorial you can fix this problem. Here you are going to see how to fix an error while installing any custom ROM using CWM Recovery.
This occurs of trying unusual custom ROM or by a phone’s security. Or your phone model number or its ID. This error says Status 7 Installation aborted or assetfailed: getprop. This error will be appeared between your installation.
Before applying this tutorial on your device make sure that you have downloaded the proper custom ROM of your device. Else your phone might have some undone results or can be damage by this update. Try this tutorial at your own risk, we are not responsible for any undone results to your Android device.
How to fix the installation aborted in CWM Recovery while installing ROMs? :
Step 1 :
- First of all you need to extract the downloaded ROM on your PC. Make sure you have downloaded a proper custom ROM of your device. Trying to install a different ROM can cause such errors.
Step 2 :
- If it’s not there in your PC you can copy and paste it on your desktop. I recommend you to place all the files on your desktop, so you can immediately progress with those files.
Step 3 :
- Make sure you have extracted all the files in a different separate folder.
Step 4 :
- Now, in your downloaded ROM go to the META-INF/com/google/android
Step 5 :
- After that click on to the update-script file.
- Now, you will be asked to open the select folder with the desired software.
Step 7 :
- Select the Notepad software and click on to ok.
Step 8 :
- You will have many sentences there. Remove the first three sentence from the opened file.
Step 9 :
- Now, save this new changed file with the same name. Then after close the app.
Step 10 :
- Now, using that extracted ROM make a zip file. Click on a proper option and update zip file with changes.
Step 11 :
- Now, copy this edited zip file to your Phone SD card and install it using your Phone recovery normally. Your issue will be resolved.
This was all about to resolve this error while installing a ROM on your Android device using CWM recovery. Follow each mentioned step well and get a new customized Android phone right away.