LG Optimus L9 P760 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update with Official CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM [Installation Guide]
LG Optimus L9 gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update from cyanogenMod developers. CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware is finally unleashed to update on LG Optimus L9 smartphone. If you want to update your L9 to this Android’s latest version, you are at the right place. Here, we have compiled a full descriptive article which is easy to follow to upgrade your device to this Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- This update is only available for LG Optimus L9 P760 smartphone. You are requested not to apple this tutorial on any other Android smartphones or Tablets. It may get you many bugs problem and undone results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes by updating to this new version.
- Your smartphone must have a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure USB debugging option is enabled on your smartphone. If not
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your smartphone should be charged up to 80%
- Have a good backup of your device’s data like apps, contacts, texts and all the other important
- You need to have a proper data cable of your device to connect it to the PC
Update LG Optimus L9 P760 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by CyanogenMod 10.1 :
Step 1 :
- Initially you need to download the custom firmware to install it on your L9. You can download it from the below link.
- Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM :
Step 2 :
- Secondly you need to download Google apps to re install them on your L9. You can get it from the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your L9 by using a proper data cable to the PC and make sure it is connected in Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files to your phone’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- After that, disconnect your L9 from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your smartphone into the Recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When there appears something on your L9′s display, release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- You are now on your phone’s recovery menu. You can navigate to any options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select options by using Power buttons.
Step 8 :
- Now, from the recovery menu select wipe data/factory reset and do confirm the process.
Step 9 :
- After completing the flashing, come back to the main menu and select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card, browse your ROM ZIP files here and select YES.
Step 10 :
- After completing the installation, select Google apps and repeat the above step once again.
Step 11 :
- Then after, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 12 :
- It takes a few more minutes to restart the device to complete the installation.
Step 13 :
- You’ve successfully installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware on your LG Optimus L9 smartphone. You can manually check this update by
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware