Motorola’s one of the stunning Android smartphones, Motorola Atrix 2 gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating update. Yes, you can upgrade your Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS by installing a CyanogenMod 10.1 custom firmware. This article teaches you how you can easily upgrade your Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Take a look!
- This upgrade is just launched by CyanogenMod developers for Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone only. You are requested not to try or to apply this update on any of your Android devices. It may get you many undone results with some data lose issues. We are not responsible for any undone outcomes. Try this update at your own risk.
- Make sure your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Have a good backup of all your device’s data like apps, contacts, notes and all the others ones
- Ensure your device is charged up to 75%
- You need to have a proper data cable to connect this phone to the PC
- Your Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must have installed in it
Update Motorola Atrix 2 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by CyanogenMod 10.1 :
Step 1 :
- The very first thing you need to do is downloading. You need to download the CM 10.1 custom ROM for this device. You can follow the below link to download this ROM.
- Download CM 10.1 for Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone :
Step 2 :
- Download Google apps to re install on your new upgraded phone. You can get them from the below link.
- Download Google apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your smartphone by using a proper data cable to the PC.
Step 4 :
- Copy all the downloaded files on your phone’s external Memory.
Step 5 :
- Once it get done, disconnect the device and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your device in to recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When there appears something on your screen, release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- You will have a recovery menu on your display. You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
Step 8 :
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process, tap YES/
Step 9 :
- Then after, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the ROM files from the memory card of your device.
Step 10 :
- After completing the process, select Google apps and then repeat the above process again.
Step 11 :
- When done with the installation, Select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 12 :
- Your phone will reboot by now and this time it takes 4 to 5 minutes to start as it needs to complete the installation.
Step 13 :
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system on your Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone by installing CyanogenMod 10.1 custom firmware. You can check this update from your device.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews