Sony’s most stunning gaming equipment, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play now can be upgraded to the latest version of Android OS. Xperia Play now can be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS by installing CM 10.1 custom ROM in it. If you are just confused or don’t know how to install it on your device, this tutorial is made for you. You are going to see, how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM with this step by step installation guide. Take a look.
- This firmware update is only applicable on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. You are requested not to try this update on any other of your Android device. It may get you some bugs problems and some unwanted results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes by installing this update on your device. Try at your own risk.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure your device is enabled with USB Debugging mode. If not
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Have a backup of your device’s data like contacts, texts, apps and all the other important data
- You need to have a proper data cable to connect your Galaxy R to the PC
- Device’s battery should be charged well enough
How to install Cm 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play :
Step 1 :
- Download an appropriate firmware for your device. You can follow the below link to download the custom firmware.
- Download Android 4.2.2 custom ROM :
Step 2 :
- Connect your device to the PC and copy this firmware on your device’s external memory.
Step 3 :
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 4 :
- Boot your Xperia Play in recovery mode, you can do so by pressing and holding volume down which sets on the side of your device+ home button and then power button all together. When you see something on your device’s screen, kindly release all the button.
Step 5 :
- You would have a recovery window on your device. in recovery menu, you can navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any options by using Power button.
Step 6 :
- From the recovery menu select the copied firmware’s Zip files and do confirm the installation process by tapping on to YES option.
Step 7 :
- Your device is now ready to load this Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on it.
Step 8 :
- Wait for a while to complete the installation. After it get done, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now to complete the process.
Step 9 :
- Your Xperia Play will reboot by now. This time it will takes several minutes to start to complete the installation process.
Step 10 :
- You have successfully upgrade your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to the latest Android OS, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS by installing a custom ROM in it.
By now, you are allowed to use your device to its optimum level by this new and latest high end Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS update.