CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D – Android 4.2.2 Custom Jelly Bean ROM [Download & Install]
CyanogenMod is up with its latest custom firmware release for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 smartphone. CM 10.1 is quite a famous name for giving a simple firmware with better UI and hundreds of features with this. Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 now can be upgraded to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system with this CyanogenMod 10.1 custom firmware. If you are a proud user of Galaxy Mini 2 and bored with the same OS on your device, time to make a change in it. Here’s how you can update Galaxy Mini 2 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Step by step tutorial to land you a comfort side.
- This tutorial is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 model. You are requested not to try this update on any other of your Android smartphones. You might lose your device’s data and outcome with some undone results. Try to update your device at your own risk.
- Backup of your device is must essential. For that, you need to take a good backup of your device’s data like contacts, texts, apps and all the other important ones
- Make sure your device USB debugging mode is enabled. If not
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> Apps>> Developer>> USB Debugging
- Your device’s battery should be charged up to 80%
- Use a proper data cable which came along with your device
- To install any custom firmware on your Android device, your device must have a rooted one installed with CWM Recovery in it.
Update Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM :
Step 1 :
Initially you have to download CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 custom ROM for your device. You can follow the below link to download this firmware.
Step 2 :
- Now, you need to connect your Galaxy Mini 2 by using a proper data cable to the PC on which you are going to perform this operation.
Step 3 :
- Make sure your device is connect with Mass Storage option
Step 4 :
- Copy the downloaded files from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Now, turn your device off and turn it on in Recovery mode.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together when there comes something on your device screen release all the buttons.
Step 6 :
- There comes a Recovery Menu on your screen. There you can navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any option by pressing a Power button.
Step 7 :
- In Recovery menu select wipe data first option and then flash zip from SD card option one by one.
Step 8 :
- Press the power button to the option choose zip from sdcard.
Step 9 :
Now, select the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file which we have copied earlier on your device’s SD card.
Step 10 :
- After selecting the firmware file, you need to confirm the installation process.
Step 11 :
- When it get successfully done. Go back to the main recovery menu and select the +++Go Back+++ option and then Reboot System Now option,
Step 12 :
- Your phone will reboot automatically. Usually it takes 4 to 5 minutes to boot. You need to be patient at that moments.
Step 13 :
- Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 smartphone is now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware