AOSP has released Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for many smartphones. HTC Desire HD looks quite lucky to get this update this early. Now, you can upgrade your HTC Desire HD smartphone to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS using this AOSP custom ROM. If you had already brought HTC Desire HD device and bored with the same OS, try to make a change. Here in this article, you are going to see how to upgrade HTC Desire HD to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. A complete tutorial is here.
- This tutorial is only applicable to HTC Desire HD device. You are requested not to apply this tutorial on any of your Android devices. As an outcome you might have some undone results if you do so. Try to update at your own risk.
- Your device must be a rooted one and installed CWM recovery in it.
- Your device should be charged up to 80%
- Have a good backup of your device’s data
- Make sure your device USB debugging enabled. If not
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> Apps>> Developer>> USB Debugging
How to install Android 4.2.2 AOSP Custom ROM on HTC Desire HD?
Step 1 :
- Initially you need to download the AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly BEan custom ROM for your device. For that, you can follow the below link.
- Download AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean :
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps for your device. For that, you can follow the below link
- Download Google Apps:
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your HTC Desire HD device to your PC using a proper data cable
Step 4 :
- Make sure your device is connect in Mass Storage option.
Step 5 :
- Now, copy the above downloaded files on your device’s external memory i.e. Memory card.
Step 6 :
- After copying these file, turn your device off and disconnect it from your PC.
Step 7 :
- Now, you need to reboot your device in Bootloader mode. To do so press and hold Volume down and Power buttons together.
Step 8 :
- There comes a bootloader menu on your screen now.
Step 9 :
- In this menu select Recovery option to open the ClockWorkMod recovery.
Step 10 :
- In CWM Recovery select full data wipe option and then Flash ZIP from SD card option.
Step 11 :
- You can select the option by pressing the power button. The above process will flash your current OS and make space to insert a new one.
Step 12 :
- Now, come back to the main menu and select the option Choose Zip from SD card option.
Step 13 :
- Select the files which we have copied earlier on your device’s external memory.
Step 14 :
- Now, confirm the installation by tapping on Ok button.
Step 15 :
- After completing the installation go back and select the Google Apps ZIP and repeat the same process.
Step 16 :
- After all get done successfully select +++Go Back+++ option and then Reboot System now option.
Step 17 :
- Your device will itself go reboot. This time it takes a few minutes to start. You need to be patient for a while.
Step 18 :
- Congratulations! Your device is running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS via AOSP Custom ROM.
- You can check it by Menu>> Settings>> About Phone >> Software Firmware