HTC Desire S now can be upgraded to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Yes, you heard it right. JellyfireBean developers have unleashed a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC Desire S smartphone. You are now able to install this Jelly Bean’s custom firmware on your device by following this installation guide. Take a look!
- This is not an official update. This update is only applicable on HTC Desire S smartphone. You are requested not ot apply this firmware on any of your Android smartphone or Tablet. It may get you many undone results with many bugs problem. You better be safe and not try this update. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes by installing this update. Try at your own risk.
- Your HTC Desire S must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must have installed in it
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device. If you don’t know how to do this, follow this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
- Have a proper data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Take a good backup of your data like apps, contacts, texts, documents and all the other important files
Update HTC Desire S to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with JellyFireBean :
Step 1 :
- The first thing is downloading. Download JellyFireBean Android 4.2.2 firmware. You can get it from the below link.
- Download JellyFireBean firmware :
Step 2 :
- Secondly you need to download Google apps to re install on your device. You can get it from the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your phone to the PC by using a proper data cable.
- Copy the above downloaded files on your device’s memory card and then turn it off.
Step 5 :
- By now, you can disconnect the device from your PC.
Step 6 :
- Now, send your phone to the recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When there appears something on your screen, release all the buttons to start recovery menu.
Step 7 :
- In recovery menu to navigate to the options in recovery menu you can use Volume down and Volume up keys and to select any option press Power button.
Step 8 :
- From the recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and do confirm it by tapping on to YES option.
Step 9 :
After completing this process, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and choose the above copied firmware files of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Step 10 :
- Now, firmware installation will itself takes place on your smartphone.
Step 11 :
- After that, return back ad select Google apps files to re install them on your device.
Step 12 :
- When both the installation done completely, select +++Go Back+++ and thenReboot System Now option.
Step 13 :
- Your Desire S will reboot by now. It takes some time to start again.
- You’ve successfully installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS firmware on HTC Desire S by JellyFireBean firmware.
- You can check this update manually by
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews