CyanogenMod has unleashed the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update for HTC Legend smartphone. Now, you too can upgrade your HTC Legend smartphone to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS by installing a custom firmware in it. If you don’t know, how to install a custom ROM on Android device, this article is made just for you. Here you will see how you can install Android 4.2.1 custom ROM on HTC Legend smartphone. This installation guide is simpler with step by step description. Take a look!
- This update is only applicable on HTC Legend smartphone. You are requested not to try this update on your other Android smartphones. Try to install it at your own risk. We are not responsible for any unwanted results from this update.
- Your smartphone must have a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Have a backup of your device’s data like contacts, texts, apps and all the other important ones
- You need to have a proper data cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Make sure your smartphone’s USB debugging is enabled. If not try this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Ensure that your smartphone’s battery is charged up to 80%
Install CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware from CyanogenMod :
Step 1 :
- Initially you have to download the CM 10.1 custom ROM for HTC Legend. You can follow the below link to download it.
- Download Android 4.2.1 for HTC Legend :
Step 2 :
- Download Gapps to re install them on your newly upgraded smartphone. You can get this from the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your device by using a proper data cable to the PC. Make sure it is connected in Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy all the above downloaded ROM and Gapps to the device’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect the device and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- After that, boot your device into recovery mode. You can do so by by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When there appears something on your screen, release all the buttons to start recovery menu.
Step 7 :
- Your device is now running on Recovery mode. You can navigate to any options by using by using volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using a Power key.
Step 8 :
- From the recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and do confirm the process to clearup all the data of your previous OS.
Step 9 :
- Then after come back to the main recovery menu and Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and choose the CM 10.1 custom ROM files which we have copied on your device’s memory card.
Step 10 :
- After completing the installation of this ROM, select Gapps files and repeat the above step again.
Step 11 :
- When all get done, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now options.
Step 12 :
- Your phone will reboot and this time it takes several minutes to start, as it needs some time to complete the installation.
Step 13 :
- Congratulations! Your HTC LEgend smartphone is now running on the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS. You can ensure it by
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews