LG’s most popular mid range smartphone, LG Optimus L5 E610 got an official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. You can manually update this device to its official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS firmware. If you are just bored of using your phone and want to make some changes on it, you can do so by installing a new firmware on it. Here in this tutorial you will know, how to use your LG Optimus L5 to its optimum level. This Android 4.1.2 installation guide will help you to install this firmware on your Smartphone. Take a look!
- This installation is only applicable on LG Optimus L5 E610 smartphone. You are requested not to try this update on any other of your Android smartphones. It will get you many bugs problems and undone results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes after installing this update on your device. Try to update your device t your own risk.
- Your LG Optimus L5 E610 must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure USB Debugging option is enabled on your phone.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- You need to take a good backup of your smartphone
- Have a proper data cable of your phone to connect it to the PC
- Your phone’s battery should be charged up to 80%
How to update LG Optimus L5 E610 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean :
Step 1 :
- The very essential thing is it’s official firmware. To download official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean you can follow the below link to download the custom firmware update.
- Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware :
Step 2 :
- If you want to install Gapps on your device, you have to download the Google apps package for your smartphone. To download so, you can follow the below link. (Make sure to choose an appropriate Gapps package from the below link)
- Download Google apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your LG L5 to the PC by using a proper data cable. Make sure it is connected in mass storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files of custom ROM and Google apps on your smartphone’s external memory i.e. Memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your device into recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power button together. When you see something on your screen, release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- You will have a recovery menu on your smartphone’s display. You can navigate to the options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using a Power key.
Step 8 :
- Now, you will see a list of option on recovery menu. From recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu and do confirm the process by tapping on to YES option.
- After that, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the above copied custom firmware’s Zip files from your LG’s memory card and confirm the installation.
Step 10 :
- Return back and select Google apps to re install them on your device and do repeat the above process.
Step 11 :
- After completing both the installation, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now option one by one.
Step 12 :
- Your LG L5 smartphone will go reboot itself. It takes a few minutes to complete the installation and start again.
Step 13 :
- You’ve successfully installed official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your LG Optimus L5 E610. You can check this update manually by
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware