LG Optimus One P500 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Update – Install the CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM [How to Guide]
LG Optimus One, runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. This is the only device from LG which carries all the high end features in it. Fortunately, there’s an Android platform and you can upgrade it using a custom ROM. LG Optimus One can be upgraded to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean operating system using CyanogenMod 10.1 custom firmware. If you’re just bored using the same apps and same OS on your device, time to take a change. Here in this article you are going to see, how to update your LG Optimus One to the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS.
This update is only applicable on LG Optimus One smartphone. You are requested not to apply this update on any of your Android devices. It may get you many undone results with many data lose issues. Try to apply this update at your own risk. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes after updating this firmware to your Android device.
- Make sure your device USB Debugging option is enabled. If not
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- You need to have a proper data cable to connect your device to the PC
- Your device should be charged up to 85%
- Have a good back up of your device like texts, contacts, apps and all the other important ones for a safe side
Install CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on your LG Optimus One smartphone :
- Initially you have to download CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.1 custom firmware for your LG Optimus one. To download the package you can follow the below link.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean :
Step 2 :
- After that, download Google Apps package to re install on your new custom firmware. Follow the below link to download Gapps.
- Download Gapps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your LG device to the PC using a proper data cable. Make sure it is connected in Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy all the above downloaded files on your device’s external memory i.e Memory card.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect your device and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Boot your device in to recovery mode. To do so press and hold the Volume+Home+Power buttons together. Some movements will be there on your LG’s display. When you see any movements on your device, release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- You are now in Recovery mode with a recovery menu. You can navigate to any options by using Volume up and Volume down keys. and can select any option by using Power button.
Step 8 :
- Now from the recovery menu select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to flash your device’s memory.
Step 9 :
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard and browse the CM 10.1 firmware which we have copied on your memory card earlier.
Step 10 :
- When it get done, select Google apps zip and confirm it and do repeat the above step once again.
Step 11 :
- After completing the installation, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 12 :
- Your phone will reboot itself. It takes several minutes to start your device.
Step 13 :
- Congratulations! Your LG Optimus One smartphone is running on the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean operating system. You can check this update
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews