JellyNoid brings a new Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean update to Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone. You are now allowed to update your Galaxy Y smartphone to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Operating system. JellyNoid’s this custom ROM released a few days back and it works great on this device. Here, you are going to see how to update Samsung Galaxy Y device to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using JellyNoid custom ROM.
- This update is only available for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 smartphone. You are requested not to apply this tutorial on any other Android device. There might have come some undone results with this update. Try at your own risk.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Y device must be a rooted one
- Your device must have installed CWM Recovery in it
- Make sure your device is enabled with USB debugging mode.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device battery should be charged up to 80%
- You need to take a good backup of your device
How to update Samsung Galaxy Y to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with JellyNoid Custom ROM :
Step 1 :
- First thing is you have to download the JellyNoid custom ROM on your desktop. You can follow the below link to download it.
- Download JellyNoid for Samsung Galaxy Y
Step 2 :
- Now, connect your device to the PC using a proper USB data cable. You should use a data cable which came along with this phone. It will gives you a better results.
Step 3 :
- Make sure it is connected on Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy the downloaded ROM on your device’s memory card.
Step 5 :
- Now, you disconnect the phone and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Turn on the device in Recovery mode now. You can do so by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your device is now in a recovery mode with recovery menu on your screen.
Step 8 :
- You can navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys while you can choose the option by pressing a power or home button.
Step 9 :
- In the recovery menu select the Wipe data option and then flash zip from SD card option to remove the current ROM from your device.
Step 10 :
- Now, select the option choose zip from sdcard and then navigate to the above downloaded file.
Step 11 :
- Once all get successfully done, press the OK button to run the installation.
Step 12 :
- Installation will takes some time. You need to wait for a few minutes.
Step 13 :
- After it get completed go back to the main recovery menu and select the +++ Go Back +++ option and then Reboot System Now option one by one.
Step 14 :
Your device will itself go reboot. It takes a few minutes to reboot your device. Your Samsung Galaxy Y device is now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Operating system. You are allowed to use all the uncountable features of this new OS update on your Galaxy Y device. If you want to check this newly installed update on your device. You can select the settings options and then about phone option. You can see a software firmware which says Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Go to:>> Menu>> Settings>>About Phone>> Software Firmware