CyanogenMod 10.1 for Sony Xperia Mini ST15i – Update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware
Sony Xperia Mini ST is one of the stunning smartphones from Sony. This phone runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and the users of this Xperia Mini now can rejoice with a new latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Yes, Sony Xperia Mini now can be upgraded to Android’s latest version just by installing CM 10.1 custom firmware update. Take a look on the below step by step installation guide.
- CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is only available for Sony Xperia Mini ST15i smartphone. You are requested not to apply this update on any of the other smartphones or Tablets which run on Android OS. It may get you some undone results. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes from this update. Try to update your device at your own risk.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. If not you can follow this.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM recovery must have installed in it.
- Your device should be charged up to 75%.
- Have a proper data cable to connect this device to the PC to run the installation process.
- Have a backup of your device’s data like texts, contacts, documents and all the other important ones.
Update Sony Xperia Mini ST15i with CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware :
Step 1 :
- First of all, you have to download this custom firmware for your device. If you don’t know from where to download this firmware, simply click on to the below link.
- Download CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom Firmware :
Step 2 :
- Now, download Google apps to re install them on new OS of your device. You can download this Google apps package from the below link.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Connect your device to the PC by using a data cable and make sure it is connected in USB Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- After this, copy downloaded files on your device’s external memory.
Step 5 :
- Once it get copied, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Now, boot the device into recovery mode. You can start recovery mode of your device by pressing and holding the Volume down+home+Power buttons together. After a few seconds you will see something on your device’s display, release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- One more thing is navigation to the options. Navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and can select any option by pressing a power button. This is an essential skill you need to do while doing this process.
Step 8 :
- Select wipe data/factory reset confirm this process from the recovery menu. This process will remove the previous OS and all the other data.
Step 9 :
- After completing this process,select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the ROM files of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and confirm the installation process by pressing next button.
Step 10 :
- Choose Google apps and do repeat the above step once again to install Google apps on your device.
Step 11 :
- Once, both the installations done successfully, select +++Go back+++ and then Reboot System Now.
Step 12 :
- Now, your device will go reboot itself. This time to complete the installation process it will take 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 13 :
- You’ve successfully installedCM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Sony Xperia Mini ST15i smartphone. You can check this update from your device.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews