Update Sony Xperia Ray to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware with CyanogenMod 10 Custom ROM [How to Guide]
Sony Xperia Ray which runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, now can be upgraded to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM. CyanogenMod 10 has developed a new Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware which is compatible with Sony Xperia Ray smartphone. Here you are going to see, how you can upgrade your Sony Xperia Ray smartphone to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS. If you are using this smartphone this tutorial is worth a try!
- This update is only applicable on Sony Xperia Ray smartphone and only compatible with it. You are requested not to update or apply this firmware on any other of your Android smartphones. It may get your many undone results with some data lose issues.
- Make sure your device is enabled with USB Debugging option.
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device should be charged well enough like up to 80%
- You need to take a good backup of your device of texts, apps, contacts and all the other important ones
- You need to use a proper data cable to connect your device to the PC
- Your device must be a rooted one and with CWM installed
Update Sony Xperia Ray to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware with CyanogenMod 10 :
Step 1 :
- Initially you have to download the CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM for your Sony Xperia Ray. You can follow the below link to download the package.
- Download CM 10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean :
Step 2 :
- After that you need to download the Google apps to re install them on your device. You can follow the below link to download Gapps.
- Download Google Apps :
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your device by using a proper data cable to the PC. Make sure it is connected in Mass Storage option.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files of ROM and Gapps to your phone’s external memory that is Memory card.
Step 5 :
- Once it get done, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
Step 6 :
- Turn your device on and boot in to recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding the Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When you see something on your screen release all the buttons.
Step 7 :
- There comes recovery menu on your device. You can navigate to any options by using Volume up and Volume down keys and select any option by using Power button.
Step 8 :
- In recovery menu select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to flash off the data of your Phone.
Step 9 :
- After that select install zip from sdcardand then choose zip from sdcard. Now, you have to choose a proper file of ROM which we have copied earlier. Choose firmware files and confirm the installation.
Step 10 :
- After that choose the Google apps and do repeat the above step.
Step 11 :
- The installation will completeitself. You need to wait to complete it well.
Step 12 :
- When it get done, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now option.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed a new custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Ray smartphone. You can check it by
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>About Phone>>Software Firmware
Don't forget to check our latest Walmart Laptops reviews